ScribeWeb PRIVACY COMMITMENT:
ScribeWeb is committed to protecting your personal privacy and confidential information. Our Privacy statement summarizes and clarifies that commitment: it outlines how we safeguard your privacy, how we treat personal (confidential) information, and what choices you have. We understand that for you to fully enjoy the benefits of this interactive medium (Internet), we must do everything we can to ensure that your privacy is secure.
(1) We do not read your private online communications.
ScribeWeb honors the confidentiality of its clients’ private communications in private chat rooms, e-mail (including downloads). ScribeWeb does not read or disclose private communications except to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, to protect the company’s rights and property, or during emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk. Of course, what you write or post in public or chat rooms and message boards is available not only to ScribeWeb , but to the public
(2) We do not use any information about where you personally go on the Web, and we do not give it out to others.
We do not keep track of where you go on the World Wide Web.
The Web sites you visit may have their own privacy policies or no policy at all. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of Web sites before providing them with any of your personal information.
(3) We do not give out your telephone number, credit card information or screen names, unless you authorize us to do so. And we give you the opportunity to correct your personal contact and billing information at any time.
When you join ScribeWeb, we ask you for your name, address, telephone number, and billing information, and the various logon names you want to use on your account. Here is how we protect that information:
ScribeWeb will not give out your telephone number or logon names (e-mail addresses), except where needed to deliver a product or service you ordered.
ScribeWeb does not store any credit card detail. Upon signing up for our service you will be directed to Moneris who will maintain the credit card information in their Vault service.
We will not give out information that would link your logon names with your actual name.
We may collect and use other information for internal purposes. For example, any reported violations of our Terms of Service that you or someone on your account may have committed.
We have two exceptions to these policies: We will release specific information about your account only to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, or in special cases such as a physical threat to you or others.
We provide you with the opportunity to update or correct your contact and billing information that we have on file. Just as you want to make sure that information ScribeWeb has about you is accurate, we want to keep only the most up-to-date information about your account. Therefore, whenever you believe that your contact or billing information needs updating, you can email email@example.com
(4) We may use information about the kinds of products you buy from Chinook to make other marketing offers to you, unless you tell us not to. We do not give out this purchase data to others.
Your Purchases From ScribeWeb
ScribeWeb offers our clients the opportunity to buy ScribeWeb store merchandise, such as Internet Services, computer hardware and software, and products that carry the ScribeWeb brand. Like other retailers and direct marketers, we record information about such purchases. When you buy from us online, our system automatically gathers purchase data, and we also record information about purchases made through our other marketing operations.
We use this information in two ways:
1) We review what kinds of products and services appeal most to our clients as a group. This statistical information helps us improve our offerings in the same way that other companies change their catalog based on what sells best.
2) We use information such as the number of purchases clients make and the categories of goods and services they buy to make offers to them we believe will be of interest. In addition, we use other information such as when clients joined ScribeWeb , how often they use the service or their type of computer system to make such offers. We also use publicly available consumer data to help us decide which marketing offers to make and which advertising they see.
You may choose not to receive marketing offers from ScribeWeb . For more information about your choices, please see # 5.
We do not give out any information about what you, as an individual, purchase from ScribeWeb with anyone, except to complete your transactions, or to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Your Other Online Purchases Through Our Service
ScribeWeb may be involved in facilitating your purchases from these other companies, but this individual data is not used for any other purpose.
(5) We give you choices about how ScribeWeb uses your personal information.
You have choices about how the information you have provided may be used by us to make special offers to you. And you can direct us to remove your name and address from mailing lists we provide to selected, pre-screened companies.
To activate any of these marketing preferences, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may choose not to receive marketing offers from ScribeWeb by mail.
You may choose not to receive marketing offers from ScribeWeb by telephone.
You may choose not to receive marketing offers from ScribeWeb by e-mail.
(7) We use secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information.
We use state-of-the-art technology to keep your personal information—including your billing and account information—as secure as possible. We also have put in place privacy protection control systems designed to ensure that your personal data remain safe and private.
(8) We will keep you informed, clearly and prominently, about what we do with your personal information, and we will advise you if we change our policy.
Whenever we change our policy, we will give you 30 days’ notice of those changes through prominent disclosures, including notification on our front screen. If policy changes are substantial, we will notify each of our clients individually through pop-up screens or e-mails. Since pop-ups last only for a limited time, however, you should sign on to your account regularly for these and other important announcements.